Look beyond high-stakes testing to learn about different ways of assessing the full range of student ability—social, emotional, and academic achievement.
- Providing elementary students with multiple means of action and expression helps ensure that teachers create equitable, valid assessments.6839
- Teachers may need to adjust their instruction and feedback methods depending upon where students are on proficiency scales.285
- When teachers bring collaboration, creativity, and movement into assessment, anxiety and dread give way to confidence and joy as students show off what they have learned.2.4k
- Though they have the potential to excel in many fields, we’re neglecting a large body of students with a unique set of skills.15.2k
- Finding out what your students are really learning remains indispensable to teaching. Here’s what teachers are doing to check for understanding online.14.7k
- Work that emphasizes students’ developing skills instead of a graded product reminds them to see learning as their goal.13.7k